Przejdź do głównej zawartości

My beautiful time with them, part 4

I'd like to describe some days of my stay in Soelden. It was another winter relax with my family in Austria, where the chance of snow is bigger than in Poland. Practically, you can touch the glaciers here during all year. What was the most interesting ? The first of all to be with the closest,.. secondly to take advantage of 150 kilometre of ski route.

Personally, I think, that Soelden is the place only for the skiers. Why? First of all, similarly to my many travels, I look for, the among other things, its history, habits, cuisine, tradition, architecture etc. What more? I want to feel the local atmosphere, to rest, to be with my closest and to have beautiful memories.

Today, after my stay in Soelden, I already know, if somebody, dreams like me about this kind of holiday can be disappointed. Why? Unfortunatelly, Soelden offers us traffic, pollution of air, noise in the valley for all day and nothing special for people who don't like sking. On the other hand, it gives the ski lovers full of apre ski and the longest and the best ski route in the Alps. 

What else ? In the morning or afternoon, I found only two places, where I could drink a cup of tea with book or newspaper in my hand. Why? Many restaurants and caffes are being opened, when skiers come back from the ski route, so ..from the evening 

Practically, each property is dedicated to tourists and their needs. I coudn't observe the traditional life of Tyrol village, because it doesn't exist here. It's the reason, why I have to describe more about my experience with local cuisine, instead of local lifestyle or traditions.

Every day I was walking for more than 10 km and observing the life of tourists not local people. They, in most cases, work here only. Every evening, if my closest returned to the hotel, we asked themseves "Where and what we are going to eat today ? 

On the grandmother's day we made the decision to go to Eis Q restaurant, where scenes from the Spectre 007 film was shot. We met together at a beautiful, modern, glass building at 3048 meters above see level. The place is as legendary today as James Bond, that's why we wanted to be there and to taste special dishes and to feel the unique atmosphere of this place. No doubt !

How to reach it? I got on cable car and after another 15 minutes I stayed on the top of Glaislachkogl. The unusual place welcomed me with wonderful view and elegant restaurant. I was full of hope to with sophisticated dishes, fresh air and new experience .. Could you imagine the space cover with the snow and shining walls of huge, glass construction, which wink at you ? I hang the eyesight at the cross on the top of the mountains and surroundings. It was breathtaking. A few minutes later I try to feel the atmosphere and to catch the power and good energy of this place and to keep it for the longer time.

At the beginning I ordered "Bond's drink". What does it mean? Polish Belvedere vodka with Martini and one olive. In this case, not the taste was the attraction for me. I wanted to hold the orginal glass with drink in that magical scenery and what was the most important, to say... I took part in the decoration of this glass and I still do it. WOW! From the menu I recommend, among other things, carrot-ginger soup or desserts and silk espresso. It's worth their price.

The grandfather's day we spent in Regina restaurant recommend by many....that's why we want to be there. It's our last evening in Soelden and the best time to choose something special. I can confirm, that all dishes, we ate, had interesting taste and special kind of appearance....like a small theatre on the plates. The next place worth its price.

At the end I shoud answer... if the visit was worthwhile ? Yes and no ! I recommend this place to ski lovers mainly. Every day, Soelden tries to convince its visitors to come back with the best memories and full wallets and repeats them "see you next time, see you in a year" For the tourist like me one advice....look for other destinations, please. 

Unfortunatelly, the way back was very difficult. First of all, the traffic was terrible. Also the passport control between Germany and Austria made our trip longer and more tiring, than normal. Furthermore, Vienna welcomed us with thick coat of snow and ice, but eight hours later we could say ..At last ! The most important ..safe and sound. 

After quick regeneration of our strengh we went out to eat our favorite.. raclette. A few hunderd meters farther, the table full of colours and tasts waited for us and wonderfull atmosphere made by hosts , enquraged us to stay here longer, than we planed ealier. 

Now, short about one promise we kept in Vienna...it was skating. The next day was dedicated to this kind of activity. In front of the local town hall a small town for skate lovers was biult, where hundreds of people glided with us together. Unfortunatelly, I dont't confrim, that this kind of skills we remember all our life. For me haft an hour it was long enough. The ice wasn't too friendly for me. I concentrated my attention on people on ice paths.

After so active day burgers tasted delicious and it wasn't important who spent more time on skating...I didn't discover the wheel, that observations of the world needs similar level of energy like the movement or physical effort. Isn't it ?

J. 18-25.01.2016


P.S. If you want to see some photos from my winter holiday please go to my posts from Austria-Soelden

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Polskie ślady w WIEDNIU, cz.2

Dziś wyruszamy m.in śladami Jana Franciszka Kulczyckiego w przekonaniu, że mniej Wiedeńczyków pamięta kolejną rocznicę wielkiego zwycięstwa nad Turkami niż pije kawę, bo jak głosi popularne ponoć w Wiedniu powiedzenie koniec świata poznacie po tym, że w Wiedniu zamkną kawiarnie. Postanawiamy więc iść tropem naszego rodaka, który odegrał niebagatelną rolę tak w bitwie z wojskami wezyra Kara Mustafy jak i w rozpowszechnieniu picia kawy w Wiedniu, a tym samym w całej Europie.

Polskie ślady w WIEDNIU, cz. 1

Już nie liczę ile razy mijałam tablicę drogową z napisem Wiedeń, ale wiem, że każdy mój pobyt w tym mieście daje mi mnóstwo radości i okazji do łączenia przyjemnego z pożytecznym. Stolica Austrii jest bardzo dobrze opisana w przewodnikach i wyjątkowo przyjazna dla zwiedzających. Sama wielokrotnie z nich korzystałam, aby dotrzeć do kolejnych miejsc, które pozwalają wciąż na nowo odkrywać to magiczne miasto. 

Detoks w POKRZYWNEJ.

To moja szósta wyprawa w głąb siebie. Po czterech latach przerwy w zmaganiach z samą sobą, marzyłam o wyciszeniu, relaksie i lepszym samopoczuciu fizycznym. Za oknem piękne słońce, a w głowie narastająca od wielu miesięcy motywacja do zmierzenia się z totalnym detoksem ciała i umysłu. Totalny, bo to będzie naście dni bez jedzenia i z dużą dawką fizycznej aktywności w bliskości z naturą i wśród ludzi o podobnych tęsknotach.